Official transcripts are certified, signed by the University registrar, and printed on authorized watermarked paper. Official electronic transcripts are not available.

Complete the Transcript Request Form and email as an attachment to


Official Transcript Legend

Accreditation: The University is accredited by Middle States Commission on Higher Education. Please see the University catalog for more detail on the various health science accreditations. The Office of Postsecondary Education Identification number is 021610-00.

Academic Calendar: The unit of credit at the University is based on semester credits. Prior to June 2021, the graduate course work issued quarter credit units.

Course Repeat:  All course grades appear on the transcript. The symbol of ‘R’ appears to the right of the first attempted course. The cumulative calculation utilizes the grade without the repeat symbol.

Grade Point Average:  The grade point averages are systematically calculated using the total quality points (shown on the transcript) divided by the total attempted hours (not shown on the transcript). 

Grading System:
Letter Grade Graduate Definition Undergraduate Definition Grade Point
A Excellent Excellent 4.0
B Good Good 3.0
C Low Pass Satisfactory 2.0
D Unsatisfactory Low Pass 1.0
F Failure Failure 0.0
Grade Letters without Grade Points
Letter Grade Definition
AU Audit
H Honors
HP High Pass
I Incomplete
P Pass
R Registered
W Withdrawal
CR Transfer Credit
MG Missing Grade
IP Course In-Progress
TM Temporary Grade



School of Medicine, Graduate Education and Graduate School of Nursing students can retrieve their transcripts from Empower by following the steps below:

  1. Go to Empower
  2. Click Login here
  3. Under Student Records - Schedule Information, select Student Grade Report

Back Up


All certifications require a written request (with an original signature – electronic signatures are not accepted) by the student. Certifications and Verifications include, but are not limited to:

  • Verification of Diploma
  • Licensure Form
  • Enrollment Certification
  • Dean's Letter/MSPE (for Doctor of Medicine)
  • Loan Deferment Forms

To request any of the certifications above, please send your request to Please include the following information:

  • Your Full Name
  • Your Date of Birth
  • Program Attended while at USU
  • Graduation Year
  • Item Requested
  • Complete mailing address of destination
  • Additional forms required to accompany transcript
  • For third party degree verification ONLY (including employers, background screenings, or agencies requesting this information): please attach a signed authorization to release your transcript

There is no charge for certification services and envelopes with postage are not required. Normal processing takes 3-7 business days but may take up to 10 business days during heavy volume periods. Expedition is not available. Certifications can be mailed, emailed, faxed or picked up.

Back Up



Students will be contacted by OUR to complete a graduation application during their last semester of attendance to gather name preference and mailing address details. Diplomas are traditionally distributed during the May commencement ceremony in Bethesda, MD and all others will be mailed to the address provided by the student.


In the event your diploma is lost, stolen, damaged, or you legally change your name, you can request a replacement diploma. The new diploma will bear the current names of the officials in office at the time the replacement is produced. We require your original diploma in order to process your request. If your original diploma is not available or if you need additional information, contact us at Normal processing time is approximately two months. Delivery times may vary.

Documents Required

Mail to

Uniformed Services University
Attn: Office of the University Registrar
4301 Jones Bridge Road
Bethesda, MD 20814


If you require a verification of diploma prior to 1990, please scan and email a legible copy of the Diploma to Normal processing time is 5-7 business days.

Back Up

Student records

Changing Personal Information

All students should inform the Office of the University Registrar of all changes to personal information, including official name changes, by using the form below.

Change of Personal Information Form (OUR-1105P)

Back Up